Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Make a Wish....
Clearly, I've been M.I.A. for a few days. My very best friend invited me and my sister to her lovely home in Florida and we had a ball. I flew down on my 42 birthday, and have spent the last 5 days celebrating treasured memories of the past, the person I am right now, and all the wonderful things I hope to experience in the future.
I've jotted down a few Birthday Wishes for my coming year, that I'd love to share:
1. I wish for peace on earth and I wish it to start with me. For any of you who may have attended Episcopal school, this will be especially meaningful.
2. I wish for less bad news. I know it sells ad spots, but it's killing our dreams, hopes and perspectives. Bad things happen, and have always happened. There is more good than bad. Just look.
3. I wish that more people would consider consuming less animals (or no animals). I've already given you all kinds of reasons this will make the world, and our hearts better. It just will. No debate. I'm right on this one.
4. I wish to use my life for something greater than I could without Divine intervention. And yes, I stole this from Oprah, but I love her and it's a fantastic wish, and I wish it with everything I am.
5. My profession is creating good spaces for people to be, and my passion is eating great food and drinking great wines. I wish for everyone to eat, drink and find their place.
6. I wish everyone I know, love, and even those I don't know yet, will find the peace I have found in my soul. But hopefully they'll find it a bit more quickly and land with fewer scratches and scrapes. I want to be your nightlight, on your journey to the fridge for a drink of cool water.
6. I wish for a Sweetheart.
7. I wish that no living creature will have to endure unnecessary pain and suffering. I know that's incredibly big and perhaps unrealistic. But, I can't help but believe, if enough people make a wish, it will come true.