Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grab A Blanket and Pray for Summer!


I know some of my family members are already complaining about the heat and humidity. However, here in Chicago I'm still wearing wool, and cursing the wet snow that is pounding on my just-planted beet shoots!

But tonight, I just couldn't help myself. In an attempt to stay away from sugary desserts, I bought a big, ripe honeydew melon. Where did such a lovely melon come from this time of year? No where close, I can tell you that! But I purchased it anyway. And here is what I did!

1/2 honeydew (or any other small melon would work), seeded and chunked
1/2 cup filtered water
4 mint leaves
1 tsp. lime zest
1 Tbsp. lime oil (I bought this at a regular grocery store, but had to look. If you can't find lime oil, squeeze lime juice and add a splash of walnut oil or something other than olive)

Throw everything in the blender, and zap. Chill, then drink with a sprig of lime and remember the recipe for when it gets really hot and the melons are much closer to town!

1 comment: